Helite was founded in 2002 by Gérard Thevenot a French pioneer and entrepreneur in the light aircraft industry. His thirst for inventions and safety awareness pushed him into developing an airbag system for microlight users. He rapidly understood the need for this enhanced level of protection in other disciplines which led to the rapid expansion of Helite airbag technology into horse riding, motorcycling and other high-risk activities.
My priority is quality and innovation for better protection.
Gerard Thevenot, founder
Helite UK is the UK & Ireland distributor for Helite Airbag Technology. We are passionate about preventing unnecessary serious injuries whenever we can. Our amazing ‘life-saving’ customer testimonials encourage us to continue furthering our knowledge and expertise and improving the safety standards with this new and exciting technology.
- Helite Uk has an active role in improving safety standards throughout the UK.
- The Helite GP Air Track Vest was be featured on ITV in March 2016.
- Helite UK is delighted to announce that we supply several of our UK forces with Helite air vests and jackets:
- Dyfed-Powys Police – A full force issue.
- Thames Valley Police
- South Yorkshire Police
- Humberside Police
- Northumbria Police
- Kent Constabulary
- Derbyshire Constabulary
- Cheshire Fire & Rescue
- Surrey Police
- Sussex Police
- City of London Police
- Gwent Police
- Lincolnshire Police
- South Wales Police
- Greater Manchester Police (GMP)
- London Ambulance
- Many Blood Biker Groups
- Road Safety partner with IAM
- And an ever-increasing number of off-duty officers & covert operations teams.