All Helite airbag products are CE certified and come with a 2-year warranty. We offer a 4 year warranty on the airbag component only when you register your airbag via this link: Register Your Airbag
In order to satisfy the warranties, you MUST service your air jacket or vest every 2 YEARS.
As your Helite airbag product is a safety item as a general rule Helite recommends that air jackets & vests are serviced every year dependant on their use and condition. This is NOT a mandatory requirement just an advisory – as mentioned above however they must be serviced every 2 years to satisfy the terms & conditions of your warranty agreements.
We recommend more frequent servicing in the following circumstances;
- Following a particularly bad accident, impact or fall.
- If there is visible damage to the jacket or vest.
- If you are a daily motorbike commuter.
- If you have more than six inflations.
- Please note; Leather Jackets and Vests and Electronic Vests have a 3-4 week turnaround, Hire jackets are available from us by selecting them on this form.
Our Helite Servicing Checklist
When we service your air jacket or vest we check the following items;
- VISUAL APPEARANCE – Cuts/Tears/Abrasions/Cleanliness.
- CONDITION OF COMPONENTS – Velcro/Stitching etc.
- FUNCTION – Buttons/Clips/Zips.
- CORRECT AIRBAG SHAPE
- OVERINFLATION PRESSURE
- TRIGGER – Visual Appearance & Condition.
- KEY-BALL – Steel Cable/Correct Rotation//Mechanical Integrity
- PISTON – Needle/Joint/Corrosion/Burr.
- SPRING – Corrosion/Movement.
- CAP – Paint/Correct Screwing.
- SADDLE STRAP – Elasticity/Clip Function.
- TRIGGERING – Test Force Resistance.
- CO2 CANISTER – Weight/Visual Appearance.
We wash and clean all air vests and jackets; they will be returned to you with a service report documenting our findings. We will contact you directly should there be any issues.
To service your jacket simply purchase this product then send us your jacket along with the order email you will receive.