Please also refer to each products user manual for full details
CAUTION, failure to follow safety instructions could lead to your airbag malfunctioning or reduce its effectiveness.
- Be sure to choose the right size of airbag according to your body shape. If you need help with sizing or fitting please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Helite airbag should not be considered as a substitute for other protective equipment such as helmets, back protectors etc.
- You must not wear an Helite airbag if you weigh less than 35 kg.
- Do not remove or modify any part of the airbag or the jacket fabric. This will invalidate your warranty and may stop the airbag from firing when needed.
- Do not forget to remove the CO2 canister once used (use the same brand and same capacity when reloading).
- Take out any sharp objects from your pockets before using your Helite airbag.
- Check that your airbag is in good working condition, i.e. no rips or tears, before each use.
- Store your Helite airbag on a clothes hanger in a dry place. Keep away from high temperatures and humidity.
- Do not sew or stick anything onto the Helite airbag (neither the airbag itself nor its fabric) as it could pierce the airbag and prevent it from working properly.
- Make sure that if you have a fork sensor it is correctly mounted, switched on and paired before use.
- Make sure the vest is switched on before use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- An airbag cannot guarantee the complete safety of the rider, but it will offer considerable extra protection. It does not protect against injuries for the parts of the body that are not covered by the airbag. Please respect both the speed limit and the driving rules.
- The CO2 canister is not re-usable. A used or damaged canister will have to be recycled or disposed in accordance with your country’s legislation.
- The airbag sheaths may get damaged or pierced during a fall if they hit a sharp object.
- This PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) contains no known allergenic substances. The design will not cause any irritation or discomfort to the wearer.
- No body protection can prevent death, serious injury or personal injury.
- The vest must be switched off when transporting the vest at a speed of more than 20km/h using different means of transport (car, subway, streetcar, train, bus, plane, boat, etc).
- The vest must be recharged at regular intervals.
- The system only selects accidents from a speed above 20 km/h (12.5 mph).
- The detection system of the autonomous version uses the GPS signal to optimise the triggering situations. If the system does not detect or badly detects the GPS signal we cannot guarantee the triggering of the airbag.
STORAGE & MAINTENANCE OF YOUR AIRBAG
- Each Helite airbag has its own cleaning instructions, please visit our website www.heliteuk.co.uk to know how to clean your model.
- Do not expose your airbag to high temperatures (near heat source, flame or radiator, etc.).
- Do not leave your airbag within reach of rodents or other animals.
- Store your airbag in a dry place, keep away from humidity.
- Do not leave your airbag folded or rolled up for a long time. It is best to store your airbag on a clothes hanger.
- Switch off the vest if you do not intend on using it for a long time.
For safety reasons, we ask you to check your airbag on an annual basis. Ideally this would be by sending it in to us for an annual service check https://heliteuk.co.uk/product/servicing/ . Servicing annually is not mandatory. However, to comply with the warranty terms and conditions servicing every two years is required.
Should you wish to check your airbag manually at home please follow these simple instructions.
- Unplug and unscrew and weigh your CO2 canister on a scale. Please make sure it is approximately +/- 3g for 50CC and 60CC canisters or +/- 5g for 100CC canisters to the weight written on your canister (Helite sticker on the canister). Our canisters are under warranty of 10 years.
- Screw in the the canister and plug back in. Ensuring you do not twist, kink or bend the cable when screwing it in.
- Check for holes, cuts of any other issues with the airbag.
If you encounter any of the problems described below or if you have any doubt concerning the proper use of your airbag, please contact us ……….
- If the textile is torn, the airbag is visible or pierced.
- If a crack, breakage or corrosion appears on the parts of the release pin or on the gas canister.
- If you detect any abnormal wear of the product.
These products are CE certified by the external laboratory CRITT (21 rue Albert Einstein, 86100 Châtellerault, France – Accreditation n ° 0501), Helite is the manufacturer (www.helite.com / email: email@example.com / Tel.: +33 (0)3 80 35 48 26).
Each airbag is thoroughly tested before being sold.
The product should only be used for its intended purpose.
Helite UK cannot be held responsible notably for the following cases:
- In certain accidents, protection cannot prevent death or serious injuries.
- The airbag will reduce injuries only if it is inflated.
- Improper installation, incorrect use and maintenance not in accordance with the given instructions may lead to malfunction of the airbag.
- Any modification or any repair of the product not carried out by an authorised service provider may lead to malfunction of the airbag. This will also invalidate your warranty.
- A backpack or other items worn over the airbag may prevent or slow down the inflation of the airbag.
Helite UK prohibits the use of the airbag in the following cases:
- Pregnant women.
- Persons that weigh less than 35 kg.
Helite UK recommends to seek the advice of a health professional regarding the use of an airbag for any particular pathology, breast prosthesis, pacemaker, etc.