As a general rule, Helite recommends that air jackets & vests are serviced every year due to them being a safety item however this is not mandatory, just good practice.
Helite offer a 2 Year warranty on the airbag component and a standard 1 Year warranty on the encapsulating Jacket, Vest, Outer or Backpack. The airbag component’s warranty can be increased to 4 Years, for this you must have registered your airbag and they must be serviced every two years and maintained according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
The need for general servicing is very much dependent on their use, condition and how they are maintained. We recommend more frequent servicing in the following circumstances;
- Following a particularly bad accident, impact or fall.
- If there is visible damage to the jacket or vest.
- If you are a daily motorbike commuter or horse rider.
- If you have more than six inflations.
We also offer a warranty only e-Sensor check for sensors that are in warranty but need testing for peace of mind or the sensor shows an error. We will test the sensor, report the cost of repair (if required) and update it to the latest firmware.
Our Helite Servicing Checklist
When we service your air jacket or vest we check the following items;
- VISUAL APPEARANCE – Cuts/Tears/Abrasions/Cleanliness.
- CONDITION OF COMPONENTS – Velcro/Stitching etc.
- FUNCTION – Buttons/Clips/Zips.
- CORRECT AIRBAG SHAPE
- OVERINFLATION PRESSURE
- TRIGGER – Visual Appearance & Condition.
- KEY-BALL – Steel Cable/Correct Rotation//Mechanical Integrity
- PISTON – Needle/Joint/Corrosion/Burr.
- SPRING – Corrosion/Movement.
- CAP – Paint/Correct Screwing.
- LANYARD – Visual Appearance.
- SADDLE STRAP – Elasticity/Clip Function/Visual Appearance.
- TRIGGERING – Test Force Resistance.
- CO2 CANISTER – Weight/Visual Appearance.
- AIRBAG: VISUAL APPEARANCE & CONDITION.
- OVER INFLATION PRESSURE.
- CORRECT AIRBAG SHAPE.
- SDU FORK SENSOR.
- CDU VEST SENSOR.
- SOFTWARE UPGRADE.
We wash and clean all air vests and jackets; they will be returned to you with a service report documenting our findings. We will contact you directly should there be any issues.
Our usual servicing turnaround for the majority of vests and jackets is just 7-10 working days (from the start date you select at purchase).
Currently, leather garments and any electronic products have a minimum of a 3-4 week turnaround as they are serviced and repaired in France by the manufacturer.
Hire jackets and vests are available should you need a replacement whilst your garment is being serviced.
Collection and delivery options
We use DPD courier for our Delivery (£8.00) and Collection (£25.00) service. Carriage charges are in addition to any servicing fees. You are welcome to use your own service to get your vest to us as this often works out cheaper. Please select the most appropriate option for you at the Cart and Checkout Pages.
Please Note: Do not use Royal Mail to deliver the vest to us, due to it containing a CO2 canister.
E-Sensor Check (Warranty Work Only)
We also offer a warranty only e-Sensor check for sensors that are in warranty but need testing for peace of mind or the sensor shows an error. We will test the sensor, report the cost of repair (if required) and update the sensor to the latest firmware.