Please also refer to each products user manual for full details
CAUTION, failure to follow safety instructions could lead to your airbag malfunctioning or reduce its effectiveness.
- Be sure to choose the right size of airbag according to your body shape. If you need help with sizing or fitting please email email@example.com
- The Helite airbag should not be considered as a substitute for other protective equipment such as helmets, back protectors etc.
- You must not wear an Helite airbag if you weigh less than 35 kg.
- Do not remove or modify any part of the airbag or the jacket fabric. This will invalidate your warranty and may stop the airbag from firing when needed.
- Do not forget to remove the CO2 canister once used (use the same brand and same capacity when reloading).
- Take out any sharp objects from your pockets before using your Helite airbag.
- Check that your airbag is in good working condition, i.e. no rips or tears, before each use.
- Store your Helite airbag on a clothes hanger in a dry place. Keep away from high temperatures and humidity.
- Do not sew or stick anything onto the Helite airbag (neither the airbag itself nor its fabric) as it could pierce the airbag and prevent it from working properly.
- Make sure that all lanyard devices are firmly and correctly attached to the motorcycle whilst using the airbag system (ideally under the seat, close to your gravity centre). Or for equestrian devices please make sure that the lanyard is firmly attached to the saddle and that the saddle strap is fitted correctly whilst using the airbag system.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- The actual amount of force required to trigger the airbag varies depending on the size of your airbag (Child S -> 6XL). This mechanical system avoids unexpected airbag activation. If the rider forgets to detach from his motorcycle, he will feel a strong pulling tension prior to activation (the airbag may still be triggered).
- An airbag cannot guarantee the complete safety of the rider, but it will offer considerable extra protection. It does not protect against injuries for the parts of the body that are not covered by the airbag. Please respect both the speed limit and the driving rules.
- The CO2 canister is not re-usable. A used or damaged canister will have to be recycled or disposed in accordance with your country’s legislation.
- The airbag sheaths may get damaged or pierced during a fall if they hit a sharp object.
- Motorcycle devices: If the rider falls down and slides with his motorcycle, the airbag system may not activate.
- Equestrian devices: If the horse falls down and the rider stays in the saddle (rotational fall), the airbag system may not activate.
- This PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) contains no known allergenic substances. The design will not cause any irritation or discomfort to the wearer.
- No body protection can prevent death, serious injury or personal injury.
STORAGE & MAINTENANCE OF YOUR AIRBAG
- Each Helite airbag has its own cleaning instructions, please visit our website www.heliteuk.co.uk to know how to clean your model.
- Do not expose your airbag to high temperatures (near heat source, flame or radiator, etc.).
- Do not leave your airbag within reach of rodents or other animals.
- Store your airbag in a dry place, keep away from humidity.
- Do not leave your airbag folded or rolled up for a long time. It is best to store your airbag on a clothes hanger.
For safety reasons, we ask you to check your airbag on an annual basis. Ideally this would be by sending it in to us for an annual service check https://heliteuk.co.uk/product/servicing/. Servicing annually is not mandatory. However, to comply with the warranty terms and conditions servicing every two years is required.
Should you wish to check your airbag manually at home please follow these simple instructions.
- Unscrew and weigh your CO2 canister on a scale. Please make sure it is approximately +/- 3g for 50CC, 60CC and 85cc canisters or +/- 5g for 100CC canisters to the weight written on your canister (Helite sticker on the canister). Our canisters are under warranty of 10 years.
- Open the mechanical system using Allen key supplied with your purchase. Be careful, keep the key-ball in position with your hand to avoid any risk of ejection. Wipe dust off the components and check for rust or corrosion. Put the elements back in the following order: piston, spring, cap. Insert again the key-ball (the ring must be flat), keep it in position and screw the cap with the Allen key.
If you encounter any of the problems described below or if you have any doubt concerning the proper use of your airbag, please contact us ……….
- If the textile is torn, the airbag is visible or pierced.
- If a crack, breakage or corrosion appears on the parts of the release pin or on the gas canister.
- If the motorcycle key-ball / equestrian key-ball lanyard shows signs of damage.
- If the lanyard is worn out, frayed or has lost its elasticity.
- If you detect any abnormal wear of the product.
These products are CE certified by the external laboratory CRITT (21 rue Albert Einstein, 86100 Châtellerault, France – Accreditation n ° 0501), Helite is the manufacturer (www.helite.com / email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel.: +33 (0)3 80 35 48 26).
Each airbag is thoroughly tested before being sold.
The product should only be used for its intended purpose.
Helite UK cannot be held responsible notably for the following cases:
- In certain accidents, protection cannot prevent death or serious injuries.
- The airbag will reduce injuries only if it is inflated.
- Improper installation, incorrect use and maintenance not in accordance with the given instructions may lead to malfunction of the airbag.
- Any modification or any repair of the product not carried out by an authorised service provider may lead to malfunction of the airbag. This will also invalidate your warranty.
- A backpack or other items worn over the airbag may prevent or slow down the inflation of the airbag.
Helite UK prohibits the use of the airbag in the following cases:
- Pregnant women.
- Persons that weigh less than 35 kg.
Helite UK recommends to seek the advice of a health professional regarding the use of an airbag for any particular pathology, breast prosthesis, pacemaker, etc.